April 13–17, 2015
The only internationally recognized QFD certificate programs authorized by Dr. Akao (founder of QFD), in this fast-paced, information-packed training, you will learn advanced techniques of Modern QFD, Comprehensive QFD, how to correctly create and use a House of Quality matrix, downstream deployments, how to expertly link QFD and DFSS, as well as advanced Quality Design and organizational methodologies such as Kansei Engineering, Hoshin, New Kano Model, TRIZ and Speed Deployments.
This is an advanced QFD training for Facilitators, Project Leaders, Lean Sigma / DFSS / Phase-gates BB/MBB, and professionals in Design, Quality, Marketing, Innovation, NPD, Customer Requirements Management (CRM) and Corporate Excellence. This is also a good place for corporate training scout and project managers to test the water.
You will receive the QFDI's QFD Black Belt® training manual (1,200 pages), Modern QFD templates in Excel, and a complete set of case studies and research papers from 1989–2014 (digital copy).
Testimonials & Companies that have sent employees to this training...
For questions, please contact the QFD Institute, Tel: +1 206-203-3575.
- Hands-on practice of Modern QFD on a team project;
- Step-by-step instruction of several standard QFD deployments;
- In-depth review of important Modern QFD tools and deployments
- Understanding of the full depth and breadth of Modern Comprehensive QFD; and
- The QFD Institute QFD Black Belt® training manual (about 1,200 pages) and templates.
- Advanced, Modern QFD tools and analytic methods for quality, strategy, management, product planning, decision making, invention, and design;
- Voice of Gemba — QFD's unique approach to customer visits, and how to design Gemba Visits and new Gemba Analysis tools;
- Semi-customized deployments common to most industries, such as project, customer, quality, technology, function, reliability, cost, manufacturability, production, service, etc.;
- How to input, process, and output field data for each deployment;
- Incorporating Blitz QFD® (matrix-free QFD for immediate results) into Dr. Akao's Comprehensive QFD to speed up the process;
- Improved algorithms for defining Customer Needs (Demanded Quality) for "new-to-world" products and services;
- Why and how of replacing ordinal scale calculations with ratio scale calculations of customer needs priorities, sales point, competitive benchmarking, and matrix relationship weights, to improve the meaningfulness and accuracy of QFD in a Six Sigma / Lean Sigma world;
- How to expertly link QFD with Design for Six Sigma / Lean Sigma (DFSS / DFLS) ;
- Introduction to Lifestyle Deployment and emotional quality with Kansei Engineering ;
- Integration of New Kano methods ;
- Enhancing Customer Need Hierarchy Diagram with measures, targets, and Kano categories ;
- Using Customer Voice Table with specification documents ;
- Introduction to General Theory of Innovation, a TRIZ-evolved new-to-world business innovation method for general business management ;
- New ISO 16355 standard for QFD .
The resulting benefits you may expect upon successful completion of this course include:
- Mastery of generic Modern QFD tools and deployments and knowledge of how Comprehensive QFD works
- Knowledge of new-to-world methods in product development, quality and innovation, and how they can be incorporated into projects
- Knowledge of how to facilitate a QFD project team
- Provisional QFD Black Belt® Certificate
To assure the integrity of your certificate as demonstrated in application, full status QFD Black Belt® will be earned upon successful completion of:
- Having a QFD Master Black Belt® custom-tailor a QFD process for your company;
- Co-facilitating a QFD project with the QFD Master Black Belt® using your custom-tailored QFD process (apprentice); and
- Facilitating by yourself a second QFD project using your custom-tailored QFD process and submitting your work to a QFD Master Black Belt® for approval (journeyman).
- Your laptop computer or tablet with MS Excel® and Adobe Acrobat® as you will receive QFD software templates and case studies on CD, USB, or by Email.
- Relevant marketing and technical data for a small project or a part of a large project that you are currently working on or plan to work on in the future. → Detailed instructions on this will be sent to you with your registration receipt or invoice.
IMPORTANT: There is no need to reveal any confidential data. The goal is to make the QFD exercises real and meaningful to you! If it is not feasible to bring such data, you may join others or use a generic or hobby project.
- (Optional) You may also bring your project team and learn as your work on a real project.
- QFD Institute's QFD Black Belt® Course Manual (1,200 pages)
- Modern QFD templates
- Case studies and papers from the QFD Institute Symposium 1989 - 2014 (digital copy)
NOTE: Please plan extra room in your suitecase to take your course manual home, or plan to ship it home at the end of the course (we will help you make shipping arrangements if you would like.)
The fee for this course is US$5,195 per person.
Please use the Registration Form.
- You have a full-status QFD Green Belt® or provisional QFD Green Belt® issued by the QFD Institute.
- Please contact us if your provisional QFD Green Belt® was earned more than 18 months ago.
- Why prerequisites for the QFD Black Belt® course?
The above fee includes your copy of the QFD Black Belt® training manual, templates and case studies, a complete set of QFD symposium transactions from 1989—2014, plus lunch and coffee breaks.
A $200 per person team discount is applicable when three (3) or more people attend from the same company (the discounts will be reflected from the 3rd attendee's statement).
Embassy Suites Detroit Metro Airport
8600 Wickham Road
Romulus, Michigan 48174 USA
hote website: http://goo.gl/crbJI7
Hotel Reservations should be made directly with this venue.
How To Get There: The above venue is located 1 mile (1.6 km) from the Detroit Metro Airport (airport code = DTW), and provides complimentary airport shuttle service (please call the hotel +1-734-728-9200.) For driving directions, please see http://goo.gl/eJ9GgQ
Hotel Amenities & Services:
- Complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast
- Complimentary WiFi
- Business center, printer
- Fitness room and pool
- Nightly evening reception (complimentary appetizers and beverages)
- Coin laundry / valet laundry
- On-site restaurant & room service
- On-site snack store
- Transportation to local restaurants and shops within a few miles
This course will be taught these instructors, the only two QFD Red Belts® outside Japan who are certified by Dr. Akao (founder of QFD); both are a recepient of Akao Prize for Excellence in QFD.
Glenn H. Mazur (www.mazur.net)
- Executive Director, QFD Institute and International Council for QFD (ICQFD)
- Certified QFD Red Belt® (international)
- Certified QFD-Architekt #A21907 (QFD Institut Deutschland)
- 1998 Akao Prize® winner for Excellence in QFD
- Academician, International Academy for Quality
- Application / implementation expert
- Trained over 2,000 QFD Green Belts® worldwide
- Kansei Engineering Lifestyle QFD expert
- Convenor of ISO Working Group 2 Technical Committee 69 Subcommittee 8 (writing the international standard for QFD)
- President, Japan Business Consultants, Ltd.
- Senior Member of ASQ
- Member of Japanese Society for Quality Control
- National Academies of Science Board, Innovation (ret.)
- Adjunct faculty, University of Michigan (ret.)
Richard E. Zultner
- Software Quality Specialist
- Certified QFD Red Belt®
- 1998 Akao Prize® for Excellence in QFD
- Director, QFD Institute
- President, ZULTNER & COMPANY
- TOC Software Jonah
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt
The QFD Institute permits only full status QFD Black Belts® who have successfully completed the "train-the-trainer course" or higher to teach its QFD Green Belt® Courses. Individuals' QFD Belt status may be verified through the QFD Institute office.