This is an advanced training for current and future project leaders, DFLS / DFSS / Phase-gates black belts and master black belts, trainers, facilitators, and professionals in Design, Quality, Marketing, Innovation, NPD, Customer Requirements Management (CRM) and Corporate Excellence. This is also a good place for corporate training scout and project managers to test the water.
The only internationally recognized QFD certificate programs authorized by Dr. Akao (founder of QFD), in this fast-paced, information-packed training, you will learn advanced techniques of Modern QFD, Comprehensive QFD and ISO 16355 for new product development, how to correctly create and use a House of Quality matrix, downstream deployments, how to expertly link QFD and DFLS/DFSS, as well as advanced Quality Design and organizational methodologies such as Kansei Engineering, Hoshin, New Kano Model, TRIZ. (See testimonials & Companies that have sent employees to this training.)
Please click the panels below to open / close the details.
For questions, please contact us.
- Hands-on practice of Modern QFD on a team project;
- Step-by-step instruction of several standard QFD deployments;
- In-depth review of important Modern QFD tools and deployments
- Understanding of the full depth and breadth of Modern Comprehensive QFD;
- Implementation and auditing strategies for ISO 16355; and
- The QFD Black Belt® training manual (about 1,000 pages) and templates.
- You have a full-status or provisional QFD Green Belt® issued by the QFD Institute.
- If your provisional QFD Green Belt® was earned more than 18 months ago, please refresh your skills in the QFD Green Belt® Update Course before attending this advanced course. (For attendee convenience, the QFD Green Belt® Update course is typically offered one day before the public QFD Black Belt® course, or upon a request.)
Exception: "Facilitator's Package" has no prerequisites. This package includes both QFD Green Belt® Certificate Course and QFD Black Belt® Certificate Course, and it is typically offered once a year (check the Calendar or contact us to inquire about the next offering).
- Advanced tools and analytic methods for quality, strategy, management, product planning, decision making, invention, and design, including those specified in ISO 16355;
- Voice of Gemba — QFD's unique approach to customer visits, and how to design Gemba Visits and new Gemba Analysis tools;
- Semi-customized deployments common to most industries, such as project, customer, quality, technology, function, reliability, cost, manufacturability, production, service, etc.;
- How to input, process, and output field data for each deployment;
- Incorporating Blitz QFD® (matrix-free QFD for immediate results) into Dr. Akao's Comprehensive QFD to speed up the process;
- Improved algorithms for defining Customer Needs (Demanded Quality) for "new-to-world" products and services;
- Why and how of replacing ordinal scale calculations with ratio scale calculations of customer needs priorities, sales point, competitive benchmarking, and matrix relationship weights, to improve the meaningfulness and accuracy of QFD in a Six Sigma / Lean Sigma world;
- How to expertly link QFD with Design for Six Sigma / Lean Sigma (DFSS / DFLS) ;
- Introduction to Lifestyle Deployment and emotional quality with Kansei Engineering ;
- Integration of New Kano methods ;
- Enhancing Customer Need Hierarchy Diagram with measures, targets, and Kano categories ;
- Using Customer Voice Table with specification documents ;
- Introduction to General Theory of Innovation, a TRIZ-evolved new-to-world business innovation method for general business management .
- Mastery of generic Modern QFD tools and deployments and knowledge of how Comprehensive QFD works
- Knowledge of new-to-world methods in product development, quality and innovation, and how they can be incorporated into projects
- Knowledge of how to facilitate a QFD project team
- Provisional QFD Black Belt® Certificate
- Your laptop computer or tablet with MS Excel® and Adobe Acrobat® —as you will receive QFD templates and case studies on CD, USB, or by Email.
- Relevant marketing and technical data for a small project or a part of a large project that you are currently working on or plan to work on in the future. (We will send detailed instructions on this with your registration receipt or invoice.)
Important: There is no need to reveal any confidential data. The goal is to make the QFD exercises in the classroom real and meaningful to you! If it is not feasible to bring such data, you may join others or use a generic or hobby project.
- (Optional) You may also bring members from your project team so that the whole team can learn and work on your real project. ($200 per person discount is offered when three (3) or more people from your company attend this course. The discounts will be applied on the 3rd attendee's receipt.)
- QFD Black Belt® Course Training Manual (1,000 pages)
- Modern QFD templates (QFD/ISO 16355 Black Belt® Level)
- Case studies and papers from the QFD Institute Symposium 1989–2016 (digital copy)
- ISO 16355 series bibliographic reference papers (e-Book) from QFD Symposia. (ISO copyright does not permit us to distribute the ISO 16355 standard, but links to purchase will be provide.)
Please plan extra room in your suitcase to take your course manual home, or plan to ship it home at the end of the course (we will help you make shipping arrangements if you would like.)
To assure the integrity of your certificate as demonstrated in application, full status QFD Black Belt® will be earned upon successful completion of:
- Having a QFD Master Black Belt® custom-tailor a QFD process for your company;
- Co-facilitating a QFD project with the QFD Master Black Belt® using your custom-tailored QFD process (apprentice); and
- Facilitating by yourself a second QFD project using your custom-tailored QFD process and submitting your work to a QFD Master Black Belt® for approval (journeyman).
- $5,220 (QFD Black Belt® course only) You will attend a total of 5 days.
- $5,520 (QFD Green Belt® Update + Black Belt® course) total 5.5 days.
- $6,745 (Facilitator's Package = QFD Green Belt® course + QFD Black Belt® course) total 7 days.
Registration Page (coming soon)
Team Discounts: When three (3) or more employees of your company attend together, a $200 per person discount for QFD Black Belt® and/or a $100 per person discount fro QFD Green Belt® registrations. The discounts will be applied on the 3rd attendee's registration.