March 28–29, 2017
Internationally acclaimed introductory to Modern Blitz QFD® and ISO 16355, this course is designed for businesses and people who wish to learn the cutting-edge best practice for agility, innovation and leadership essential to compete in today's global market. (Read Why you should update your QFD practice?).
The curriculum incorporates the latest advancements in quality, design, and project management that are not yet taken up by the traditional approach seen elsewhere. You will be introduced to all of these topics in this course:
This workshop is part of the international program in Quality Function Deployment and ISO 16355; it is the only QFD curriculum authorized by the late Dr. Akao, founder of QFD. As a course offered by the QFD Institute, you are assured of unparalleled excellence on this subject. See Testimonials.
- No Prerequisites.
- New product and service development teams and project managers;
- Project team members from Marketing & Sales, R&D, Design, Manufacturing, Service, Quality, Business Development, and those who are key to the success of the new product / business / organizational strategy;
- Training scouts who will report to their management;
- Quality consultants, Six Sigma / Lean Sigma / DFLS / DFSS Black Belts and Master Black Belts;
- Trainers, facilitators, internal Quality / Sigma gurus, Organizational Excellence champions, as well as University Professors who teach innovation and the topics mentioned here;
- Those who are familiar with classical QFD and House of Quality methods from the 1980s.
- Anyone who seeks better designs, quality, and innovation.
- Here is a partial list of companies that have sent employees to this training.
- A laptop computer (with CD drive, MS Excel®, MS Word®, and Adobe Acrobat® reader) or calculator -- as you will receive a CD or memory stick with QFD software templates and case studies.
- Relevant marketing and technical data for a small project or a part of a large project that you are currently working on or plan to work on in the future. (You will receive detailed instructions on this with your registration receipt/invoice.)
IMPORTANT: There is NO NEED to reveal any confidential data. The goal is to make the QFD exercises real and meaningful to you! If it is not feasible to bring such data, you may join others or use a generic (or hobby) project.
- The 2017 QFD Green Belt® training manual
- Modern QFD templates
- Select case students
- ISO 16355 series bibliographic reference papers (1,000+ page eBook, $149 value)NEW
- US$2,145 per attendee.
- This fee includes your 2-day training, training materials, your provisional certificate, and lunch.
- Team Discount: $100 discount per person discount when 3 or more employees attend from the same organization. The discount(s) will be appiled from the 3rd attendee's invoice/receipt.
How to Register:
You will receive an email receipt / invoice / acknowledgement within 24 hours. For questions, please contact us by email or leave a message at TEL +1 734-995-0847.
This course will be held from 8 am to 4 pm on both March 28 and March 29 at this hotel. Please plan your travel accordingly.
Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit / Airport–Romulus
31700 Smith Road
Romulus, Michigan 48174 USA
Hotel Reservations should be made directly with this Hampton ahead of time.
How To Get There: The above venue is located just 1 mile (1.6 km) from the Detroit Metro Airport (airport code = DTW), and provides complimentary airport shuttle service. Please use the courtesy phone located at the airport baggage area, or call the hotel +1 734-595-0033.
For driving directions, please see http://goo.gl/vQL45Z
Hotel Amenities & Services:
- Hot breakfast (free)
- High-speed Internet access (free)
- Business center, printer
- Fitness room and pool
- Coin laundry / valet laundry
- On-site convenience store
- Local transportation within a few miles
- Located within a short walking distance of dozens of restaurants (please inquire at the front desk).
A provisional QFD Green Belt® Certificate will be issued upon successful completion of this course.
Students desiring to receive a full certification must submit a completed QFD project to the Instructor within one (1) year, demonstrating their ability to use the modern QFD Blitz® tools taught in the course. For this purpose, they may send work-in-process to the instructor for review, following the classroom portion of the training.
This course will be taught by Glenn H. Mazur.
Glenn is widely considered the world’s leading expert in the theory and practice of Quality Function Deployment (QFD) and ISO 16355.
In 1985 he served as an interpreter and translated the lectures of Akashi Fukuhara of the Central Japan Quality Control Institute that were delivered at Ford Motor Company as a follow-up to Yoji Akao’s 1983 pioneering lectures in the United States on this subject. Based on this work he was asked to translate a series of QFD papers written by Dr. Akao (founder of QFD) which was subsequently published by Productivity Press in the title of "Quality Function Deployment integrating Customer Requirements into Product Design" in 1990. He also served as translator of the GOAL/QPC Research Committee and was the primary translator for Dr. Akao.
Glenn has been certified as a QFD Red Belt® by Dr. Akao, and in 1998 he was awarded the International Akao QFD Prize® for his work in developing and disseminating the practice of QFD globally. Glenn has also been designated a QFD Architekt by the QFD Institut Deutchland. In addition to his work in the QFD, he has also been trained in the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) by its developers Drs. Thomas Saaty and Ernest Forman and has integrated this methodology into the QFD priority scoring system.
Please feel free to contact QFD Institute if you have any questions about this course or QFD, as well as to inquire about more course dates or in-house training options.
We look forward to welcoming you in this course.
PDF Brochure of this course