September 7–10, 2016
This is a 4-day package with the 22nd International Symposium on QFD (2-day course + 2-day symposium). This allows students to see a wide range of real world QFD applications from around the world and network with international QFD leaders.
Internationally acclaimed introductory to Modern Blitz QFD®, this course is designed for businesses and people who wish to learn the cutting-edge best practice for agility, innovation and leadership essential to compete in today's global market. (Read Why you should update your QFD practice?)
The curriculum incorporates the latest advancements in quality, design, and project management that are not yet taken up by the traditional approach seen elsewhere. These include ISO 16355 (the new QFD standard), Design for Lean Sigma (DFLS) / Six Sigma (DFSS), Emotional Design using Lifestyle QFD, Critical Chain Project Management, Schedule Deployment, Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP), TRIZ, Theory of Constraints (TOC), New Lanchester Strategy for Marketing, and more—all of which you will be introduced in this course.
This workshop is part of the international program in Quality Function Deployment; it is the only QFD curriculum authorized by Dr. Akao, founder of QFD. As a course offered by the QFD Institute, you are assured of the excellence in training unparalleled to others. Testimonials.
- Brief history and principles of QFD — what it is and how it works;
- The advantages of Modern QFD over Traditional QFD;
- How to translate Voice of Customer into spoken and unspoken customer needs;
- How to translate key customer needs into product specifications;
- How to prioritize customer needs and focus the development process;
- How to deploy these needs end-to-end to each business function;
- Examples of QFD for manufactured goods, service and business process, chemical and food products, and software;
- How to implement ISO 16355. New
- No Prerequisites.
- New Product Development Teams and Project Managers;
- QFD project team members including marketing and sales, R&D, design, manufacturing, service, quality, etc.;
- Training scouts who will report on QFD to their management;
- Quality consultants, Six Sigma / Lean Sigma / DFLS / DFSS Black Belts and Master Black Belts;
- Trainers, facilitators, internal Quality / Sigma gurus, Organizational Excellence champions;
- Those who have taken traditional QFD courses such as those offered at universities and quality institutions such as A SI, GOAL/QPC, J USE, ASQ, EFQM, etc.
- Anyone who wishes to learn the latest, solid QFD basics, tools, and best practices. Anyone who seeks better designs, quality, and innovation.
- Companies that have sent employees to this training.
- Attendees from overseas are also welcomed.
- A laptop computer (with CD drive, MS Excel®, MS Word®, and Adobe Acrobat® reader) or calculator -- as you will receive a CD or memory stick with QFD software templates and case studies.
- Relevant marketing and technical data for a small project or a part of a large project that you are currently working on or plan to work on in the future. (You will receive detailed instructions on this with your registration receipt/invoice.)
IMPORTANT: No need to reveal any confidential data. The goal is to make the QFD exercises real and meaningful to you! If it is not feasible to bring such data, you may join others or use a generic (or hobby) project.
- (Optional) You may also bring your project team and both learn and work on a real project.