For Successful Product & Business Development.
2013 September 4–7
Santa Fe, New Mexico USA
This is a 4-day Package combines the internationally acclaimed 2-day QFD Green Belt® Certificate Course (2013 September 4–5, see below) and 2-day International Symposium on QFD (2013 September 6–7). This gives attendees a broader exposure to real world applications of QFD tools and methods that they have just learned in the classroom. Details...
Registration | Course Brochure (PDF) | Symposium Brochure (PDF)
This course is designed for businesses and people who prefer to go beyond conventional tools and seek innovation and leadership in the 21st-century global market. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone who wishes to learn the cutting-edge Modern QFD, the new application methods, tools, and current best practices, from one of the top instructors in the world.
The curriculum incorporates the latest advancements in quality, design, and project management that are not yet taken up by the traditional approach seen elsewhere. These include Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Emotional Design using Lifestyle QFD, Critical Chain Project Management, Schedule Deployment, Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP), TRIZ, Theory of Constraints (TOC), New Lanchester Strategy for Marketing, and more—all of which you will be introduced in this course. As a course offered by the QFD Institute, you are assured of the excellence in training unparalleled to others (testimonials).
For questions, please Contact Us, TEL: +1 734-995-0847 (Mon–Fri 9am–5pm U.S. Eastern Time).
This workshop is part of the international program in Quality Function Deployment; it is the only QFD curriculum authorized by Dr. Akao, founder of QFD.
- Brief history and principles of QFD - what it is and how it works;
- The advantages of Modern QFD over Traditional QFD;
- How to translate Voice of Customer into spoken and unspoken customer needs;
- How to prioritize customer needs and focus the development process;
- How to translate key customer needs into product specifications;
- How to deploy these needs end-to-end to each functional process;
- Examples of QFD for manufactured goods, service and business process, chemical and food products
- New Product Development Teams and Project Managers;
- QFD project team members including marketing and sales, R&D, design, manufacturing, service, quality, etc.;
- Training scouts who will report on QFD to their management;
- Quality consultants and Six Sigma/Design for Six Sigma Black Belts;
- Trainers, facilitators, and internal quality gurus;
- Those who have taken traditional QFD courses such as those offered at universities and quality institutions such as A SI, GOAL/QPC, J USE, ASQ, EFQM, etc.
- Anyone who wishes to learn the latest, solid QFD basics, tools, and best practices.
- No Prerequisites.
- ( Attending from Overseas )
1) A laptop computer (with CD drive, MS Excel®, MS Word®, and Adobe Acrobat® 7.0) or calculator as you will receive a CD with QFD software templates and case studies.
2) Relevant marketing and technical data for a small project or a part of a large project that you are currently working on or plan to work on in the future.
IMPORTANT: There is no need to reveal any confidential data. The goal is to make the QFD exercises real and meaningful to you! If it is not feasible to bring such data, you may join others or use a generic or hobby project. → Detailed instructions on this will be sent to you after your registration is complete.
(Optional) You may also bring your project team and both learn and work on a real project. (Registration discounts available for 3 or more attendees from the same company. )
Upon successful completion of this course, students receive a provisional QFD Green Belt® Certificate from the QFD Institute. To assure the integrity of the Certificate as demonstrated by application, full status will be earned upon successful completion of:
- Having a QFD Master Black Belt® custom-tailor a QFD process for your company; and
- Submitting two QFD work objects from an actual project using your tailored process for successful review by a QFD Master Black Belt® within one (1) year.
Having a QFD Green Belt® (provisional or full status) is a prerequisite for enrolling in the QFD Black Belt® Certificate Course — the next step toward becoming a successful QFD team leader or facilitator. The attendees of this course are eligible to enroll in the 2013 public QFD BLACK BELT® certificate course (2013 September 9–13, Santa Fe, New Mexic), as well as a future QFD Green Belt® Update Course.
This course will be taught by one of these instructors, the only two QFD Red Belts® outside Japan who are certified by Dr. Akao (founder of QFD); both are a recepient of Akao Prize for Excellence in QFD.
Richard E. Zultner
- Software Quality Specialist
- Certified QFD Red Belt®
- 1998 Akao Prize® for Excellence in QFD
- Director, QFD Institute
- President, ZULTNER & COMPANY
- TOC Software Jonah
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Glenn H. Mazur (www.mazur.net)
- Executive Director, QFD Institute and International Council for QFD (ICQFD)
- Certified QFD Red Belt® (international)
- Certified QFD-Architekt #A21907 (QFD Institut Deutschland)
- 1998 Akao Prize® winner for Excellence in QFD
- Academician, International Academy for Quality
- Application / implementation expert
- Trained over 2,000 QFD Green Belts® worldwide
- Kansei Engineering Lifestyle QFD expert
- Convenor of ISO Working Group 2 Technical Committee 69 Subcommittee 8 (writing the international standard for QFD)
- President, Japan Business Consultants, Ltd.
- Senior Member of ASQ
- Member of Japanese Society for Quality Control
- National Academies of Science Board, Innovation (ret.)
- Adjunct faculty, University of Michigan (ret.)
- Honorary President - Hong Kong QFD Association
The QFD Institute permits only full status QFD Black Belts® who have successfully completed the "train-the-trainer course" or higher to teach its QFD Green Belt® Courses. Individuals' QFD Belt status may be verified through the QFD Institute office.
Please use Registration Forms.
Registration Options of the Santa Fe course:
QFD Green Belt® Package (total 4 days) = US$1,995 when registered before July 1, 2013, or US$2,045 after July 1, 2013.
(2-day QFD Green Belt® + 2-day symposium = you will attend September 4–7, 2013)
QFD Facilitator's Package (total 9 days) = US$6,595 when registered before July 1, 2013, or US$6,695 after July 1, 2013 (2-day QFD Green Belt® + 2-day symposium + 5-day Black Belt® = you will attend September 4–7 and September 9–13, 2013)
The above registration fees include your QFD Green Belt® training manual, Modern QFD templates (including AHP, House of Quality, and modern tools), select case studies, your admission to the 2-day International Symposium, an electronic copy of the 2013 symposium transactions, networking reception (September 7), and daily lunch and coffee breaks. Registration Terms & Conditions.