In-house QFD Green Belt® Training
In-house custom-tailored QFD Green Belt® Course trains team members in your custom QFD process. Assures skill and compliance before project begins.
- QFD is a winning strategy for seeking out both unspoken and spoken customer needs.
- QFD translates key needs into actions and designs.
- QFD focuses various distinct functions toward achieving a common goal.
- Assure your project's success - with courses taught by QFD Institute certified experts.
- In-house custom-tailored QFD training addresses the needs and objectives of your organization and customers, using custom-tailored QFD process and training manual.
- Team members trained on the custom-tailored QFD typically are able to earn a full status QFD Green Belt® shortly upon completion of the training and move onto the QFD Black Belt® status.
- This training mode helps create a pool of project team members capable of carrying out future QFD projects.
Who Should Attend
- QFD project team members including marketing and sales, R&D, design, manufacturing, service, quality, etc.
- New Product Development Teams
- Project Managers
- Internal Quality consultants and Six Sigma/DFSS BB/MBB
Internal trainers, facilitators
- Anyone who is involved with new product/service development
- No prerequisites
- Understand basic QFD concepts and main tools;
- Present QFD concepts to your management team as a powerful new product development process;
- Recognize differences between QFD for manufactured and assembled products, service and business processes, food and chemical products, software, and small business;
- Upon completion, receive provisional QFD Green Belt® Certificate;
- Submit personal example of VOCT and House of Quality within one year to earn full status.
- How QFD can address your company's problems with customers, competitors, technology, design, build, delivery and service;
- Brief history and principles of QFD - how and why it works;
- Case studies (with results) for product (manufactured, assembled, chemical, food), service, process, and software applications;
- Related methodologies such as Blitz QFD, AHP, Kansei, TRIZ, New Lanchester Strategy, Critical Chain Project Mgt.
Workshop (hands-on with your project)
- Custom-tailored QFD method is practiced on your project;
- Basic QFD Tools - Affinity Diagram, Hierarchy Diagram, Matrix;
- Voice of Customer Table - Understanding explicit and implicit requirements;
- Position new product according to customer, competition, and corporate strategy;
- Translate key customer needs into product specifications - Maximum Value Table and House of Quality;
- Lecture on how to deploy to each functional group. Includes function and failure analysis, creativity, component, facilities, operator, and quality control
Textbooks and Materials
- Custom-tailored Green Belt® training manual for your group
- CD-ROM with software demos and templates, additional case studies
- In-house custom-tailored QFD Green Belt® training spans 2–4 days. This allows practice and application of the Modern QFD tools on the actual project of yours. (In comparison, Public QFD Black Belt® Course is 2 days and it uses generic materials and a generic QFD model)
- In-house custom-tailored QFD Green Belt® training follows QFD Technical Review by enough time for QFD Master Black Belts® to customize your QFD process.
- On-going facilitation support is optional.
Glenn H. Mazur : www.mazur.net
- Executive Director, QFD Institute and International Council for QFD (ICQFD)
- Certified QFD Red Belt® (international)
- Certified QFD-Architekt #A21907 (QFD Institut Deutschland)
- 1998 Akao Prize® winner for Excellence in QFD
- Academician, International Academy for Quality
- Application / implementation expert
- Trained over 2,000 QFD Green Belts® worldwide
- Kansei Engineering Lifestyle QFD expert
- Convenor of ISO Working Group 2 Technical Committee 69 Subcommittee 8 (writing the international standard for QFD)
- President, Japan Business Consultants, Ltd.
- Senior Member of ASQ
- Member of Japanese Society for Quality Control
- National Academies of Science Board, Innovation (ret.)
- Adjunct faculty, University of Michigan (ret.)
Richard E. Zultner
- Software Quality Specialist
- Certified QFD Red Belt®
- 1998 Akao Prize® for Excellence in QFD
- Director, QFD Institute
- President, ZULTNER & COMPANY
- TOC Software Jonah
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt
The QFD Institute permits only full status QFD Black Belts® who have successfully completed the "train-the-trainer course" or higher to teach its QFD Green Belt® Courses and full status QFD Master Black Belts® who completed the same to teach its QFD Black Belt® Courses. Individuals' QFD Belt status may be verified through the QFD Institute office.
Schedule and Costs
Please Contact Us, TEL 734-775-0847 (9am-5pm US Eastern)