QFD Green Belt® Certificate Course
This 2-day workshop is designed for businesses and people who prefer to go beyond conventional tools and seek innovation and leadership in the 21st-century global market. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone who wishes to learn the cutting-edge Modern QFD, the new application methods, tools, and current best practices, from one of the top instructors in the world.
PDF Brochure | Desktop view
Next Public QFD Green Belt® Dates:
NOTE: These courses may be also arranged as an In-house Training, either by using custom-tailored training materials and tools, or by using the public course materials (generic models and tools). For inquiry, please Contact Us (TEL 734-995-0847 US Eastern Time).
Who should attend:
- Six/Lean Sigma GB/BB/MBB, Project Team Members & Leaders, DFSS / DFLS / DMAIC Professionals, New Product Development, Marketing & Sales, Engineering, Design, Manufacturing, IT, Quality and VOC specialists, Facilitators & Consultants, Training Scouts Who Report To Management, Innovation Leaders, etc.
- No Prerequisites.
- Attending from Overseas
The curriculum incorporates the latest advancements in quality, design, and project management that are not yet taken up by the traditional approach seen elsewhere. These include:
This step-by-step, hands-on Workshop will show you:
Basic Blitz QFD® Tools That You Will Learn:
- Brief history and principles of QFD — what it is and how it works;
- The advantages of Modern QFD over Traditional QFD;
- How to translate Voice of Customer into spoken and unspoken customer needs;
- How to prioritize customer needs and focus the development process;
- How to translate key customer needs into product specifications;
- How to deploy these needs end-to-end to each functional process;
- Examples of QFD for manufactured goods, service and business process, chemical and food products
- Customer Gemba table
- Customer Context table (Customer Segment table - for Healthcare course)
- Customer Process Model
- Customer Voice Table
- Affinity Diagram
- Hierarchy Diagram
- Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)
- Maximum Value Table
- House of Quality (HOQ) – modernized
- Downstream QFD Deployments (generic deployment in public course)
Recommended Things To Bring:
- A laptop computer with CD drive, MS Excel®, MS Word®, and Adobe Acrobat® (as you will receive the Modern QFD and AHP templates and case studies).
- Relevant marketing and technical data for a small project or a part of a large project that you are currently working on or plan to work on in the future. IMPORTANT: There is no need to reveal any confidential data. The goal is to make the QFD exercises real and meaningful to you! If it is not feasible to bring such data, you may join others or use a generic or hobby project. → Detailed instructions on this will be sent to you after your registration is complete.
- (Optional) You may also bring your project team and both learn and work on a real project. (Registration discounts available for 3 or more attendees from the same company.)
Upon successful completion of this course, students receive a provisional QFD Green Belt® Certificate from the QFD Institute. To assure the integrity of the Certificate as demonstrated by application, full status will be earned upon successful completion of:
- Having a QFD Master Black Belt® custom-tailor a QFD process for your company; and submitting two QFD work objects from an actual project using your tailored process for successful review by a QFD Master Black Belt® within one (1) year
- Having a QFD Green Belt® (provisional or full status) is a prerequisite for enrolling in the QFD Black Belt® Certificate Course — the next step toward becoming a successful QFD team leader or facilitator.
(Graduates of this course will be eligible to attend the public QFD Black Belt® Course in the next 12 months.)
Project Teams, Internal Experts, Group Leaders: A US$100 per person Team Discount is offered when three (3) or more employess register from the same company.
Attending from Overseas
For questions, please contact us.
- Venue: September 4–7, 2013, Santa Fe, New Mexico USA
Hotel Santa Fe & The Hacienda
Santa Fe, New Mexico USA