- Hands-on practice of Modern QFD on a team project;
- Step-by-step instruction of custom-tailored QFD deployments optimized to your company's development/business process;
- In-depth review of important Modern QFD tools and deployments;
- Understanding of the full depth and breadth of Modern Comprehensive QFD;
- Custom-tailored QFD training manual and Modern QFD software templates;
- This training mode affords the privacy of discussing the unique needs and challenges of your business, with your team receiving 100% attention of the instructor.
- Testimonials of past attendees
Who Should Attend
- QFD project team members including marketing and sales, R&D, design, manufacturing, service, quality, etc, as appropriate for your industry sector
- Quality consultants and Six Sigma/DFSS Master Black Belts®
- Trainers, facilitators, and internal quality gurus
- Prerequisites: One of these conditions (A, B, or C) must apply:
- You have a full status QFD Green Belt®; or
- You have a provisional QFD Green Belt® earned in the past 18 months (Please contact us if your provisional QFD Green Belt® was earned over 18 months ago); or
- You have attended the QFD Green Belt® Update Course in the last 18 months.
- IF it has been more than 18 months since you graduated from the QFD Green Belt® or GB Update, please refresh your skill and update the knowledge by attending this year's QFD Green Belt® Update course in order to qualify for QFD Black Belt® training. Please contact QFDI .
- Why prerequisites for the QFD Black Belt® course?
- Mastery of generic Modern QFD tools and deployments and knowledge of how Comprehensive QFD works
- Knowledge of new-to-world methods in product development, quality and innovation, and how they can be incorporated into projects
- Knowledge of how to comply with the new ISO 16355
- Knowledge of how to facilitate a QFD project team
- Provisional QFD Black Belt® Certificate.
To assure the integrity of your certificate as demonstrated in application, full status QFD Black Belt® will be earned upon successful completion of:
- The instructor specified QFD work objects using the custom-tailored QFD process;
- Co-facilitating a QFD project with the QFD Master Black Belt® using your custom-tailored QFD process (apprentice); and
- Facilitating by yourself a second QFD project using your custom-tailored QFD process and submitting your work to a QFD Master Black Belt® for approval (journeyman).
- Custom-tailored QFD process and deployments for your company
- Step-by-step input, process, and output of field data for each deployment
- Advanced, Modern QFD tools and analytic methods for quality, strategy, management, product planning, decision making, invention, and design;
- Voice of Gemba - QFD's unique approach to customer visits, and how to design Gemba Visits and new Gemba Analysis tools;
- How to input, process, and output field data for each deployment;
- Incorporating Blitz QFD® (matrix free QFD for immediate results) into Dr. Akao's Comprehensive QFD to speed up the process;
- Improved algorithms for defining Customer Needs (Demanded Quality) for "new-to-world" products and services;
- Why and how of replacing ordinal scale calculations with ratio scale calculations of customer needs priorities, sales point, competitive benchmarking, and matrix relationship weights, to improve the meaningfulness and accuracy of QFD in a Six Sigma world;
- How to expertly link QFD with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS);
- Introduction to Lifestyle Deployment with Kansei Engineering;
- Integration of New Kano Model;
- Enhancing Customer Need Hierarchy Diagram with measures, targets, and Kano categories;
- Using Customer Voice Table with specification documents;
- Introduction to General Theory of Innovation, a TRIZ-evolved new-to-world business innovation method for general business management;
- New Product Development tools and methods specified by the ISO 16355;
- Speed Deployment to additionally accelerate your project.
Textbooks and Materials
- Custom-tailored Black Belt® training manual for your team members
- Misc. reports and case studies
- CD-ROM with software demos and templates, additional case studies
- In-house QFD Black Belt® training spans 6+ days in modules; On-going facilitation support is optional.
- (Alternatively Public QFD Black Belt® Course is 5 days.)
The QFD Institute permits only full-status QFD Black Belts® or those with higher competency credentials who have successfully completed the "train-the-trainer course" to teach its QFD Green Belt® Courses, and full-status QFD Master Black Belts® who completed the same to teach its QFD Black Belt® Courses.
Individuals' QFD Belt status may be verified through the QFD Institute office.
Schedule and Costs
Please contact us, telephone +1 206-203-3575.